French Truck Coffee line cooks are an integral part of our Cafe team. Customer service and teamwork skills are required for this position as most of our kitchens are open air. The role of the line cook is to correctly, effectively and efficiently prep, prepare, and run food to our customers.
- Preparing food in a timely manner, as soon as a ticket comes through immediately stop with prepping, cleaning etc and start with the ticket.
- Plating and preparing food to company standard
- Keeping line stocked
- Filling out daily prep sheet and prepping all items need
- Label and Date food items correctly, use FIFO
- Completing daily cleaning tasks for each shift worked (open, mid, closing)
- Completing weekly and monthly cleaning tasks assigned by kitchen manager
- Communicating to FOH when ticket times will exceed 20 minutes
- Maintaining a customer comes first attitude
- Keep line clean, stocked and organized
- Keep refrigerators and organized
- Being aware of FOH business to know when to run food.
- Communicating with FOH when they need to run food.
- Making sure dishes are cleaned, dried and put in their assigned spot
- Keep counter and floors clean throughout entire shift
- Ordering Produce for following day
$12/hour starting rate of pay, with the possibility of a wage increase at the employee's 6th month review.
This is a tipped position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
French Truck Coffee
French Truck Coffee was founded by Geoffrey Meeker in 2012. He started with a small roaster and one truck. Delivering fresh roasted coffee to restaurants and homes out of his laundry room operation. The company quickly evolved with roasting and retail locations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Memphis.
French Truck Coffee is a small batch Roastery, roasting locally in our three current cities. We adhere to a concept that is at the core of all good food: use the best, freshest ingredients, treat them properly, serve them immediately, and the results will always be better than mass-produced. We go straight to the source, the independent farms located all over the world, and buy the best beans we can. We roast in small batches daily, so as to maintain the freshness and quality of our beans.
French Truck Coffee employees (our most valuable resource!) are provided extensive knowledge of our coffee with the hope they will honor where our coffee comes from, the process of roasting it, and the stories behind it. They are also provided with excellent training, so they will be prepared in all aspects of their position. French Truck Coffee’s success starts with our employees and their ability to exceed in customer service and food and beverage quality.
Company Website: www.frenchtruckcoffee.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)