The Head Barista has shown the ability and care to provide excellent customer service and has demonstrated knowledge of different roasted coffees, properly preparing coffee and espresso beverages, coffee processing methods, flavor profiles and the ability to teach and coach other baristas. They will be expected to grow and maintain a culture of quality, cleanliness, and efficiency within the team. The head barista has responsibility for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. The Head Barista is also responsible for making a difference to our customers and employees by educating them about our coffee. Head baristas are instrumental in building customer relationships and fostering a positive and friendly store environment. They also provide technical guidance to new team members and assist in the training program. The Head barista fulfills any other duties the store manager and/or the assistant manager assigns and represents French Truck Coffee.
- Working with Head Trainer to make sure all baristas in your store are properly trained on all beverages and brewing methods.
- Keeping Head Trainer informed re: quality control issues, cupping reports, and the status of personnel.
- Engaging with Baristas to further their coffee knowledge i.e. different processing methods, flavor profiles, history of coffee, etc.
- Conducts Cuppings one to two times a week to ensure all Baristas are up to speed on all coffee offerings and can describe them with confidence to customers.
- Conducts cupping to start monthly all store meeting.
- Maintains excellent customer service and leads by example, instilling customer comes first attitude.
- Is on the espresso bar during peak business hours to ensure quality and efficient customer service.
- Coaches baristas on dialing espresso, steaming milk and drink preparation.
- Assists Store Manager and Assistant Manager in overall business needs.
- Oversees all Barista prep to ensure quality and correct recipes are being followed.
- Leads by example with overall cleanliness of the espresso machine and bar area, as well as the entire store.
- Is aware of the morale of the team and contributes to creating a positive, friendly and welcoming atmosphere to customers and team members.
- Communicating with Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Head Trainer about employee performance issues and praises.
- Maintains a cool, calm and collected demeanor during peak business periods.
- Demonstrates efficient and thorough work ethic to other employees. Always leading by example.
- Engaging with the team to create positive, motivating relationships.
- Makes sure all immediate store needs are taken care of or delegated to the right person at the right time.
- Provides feedback to employees, corrective and/or positive, especially re: quality control and proper procedure.
- Identify baristas who are struggling, focusing on getting them up to speed whether it is with workflow, customer service, or espresso/milk steaming mechanics; informing management in a timely manner if further training needs to happen.
- Responsible for going over study guides and administering written exams in a timely manner.
- Takes even more care than baristas to keep unit stocked with general supplies, syrups, and Oji; will restock or make such items as needed or delegates to the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
French Truck Coffee
French Truck Coffee was founded by Geoffrey Meeker in 2012. He started with a small roaster and one truck. Delivering fresh roasted coffee to restaurants and homes out of his laundry room operation. The company quickly evolved with roasting and retail locations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Memphis.
French Truck Coffee is a small batch Roastery, roasting locally in our three current cities. We adhere to a concept that is at the core of all good food: use the best, freshest ingredients, treat them properly, serve them immediately, and the results will always be better than mass-produced. We go straight to the source, the independent farms located all over the world, and buy the best beans we can. We roast in small batches daily, so as to maintain the freshness and quality of our beans.
French Truck Coffee employees (our most valuable resource!) are provided extensive knowledge of our coffee with the hope they will honor where our coffee comes from, the process of roasting it, and the stories behind it. They are also provided with excellent training, so they will be prepared in all aspects of their position. French Truck Coffee’s success starts with our employees and their ability to exceed in customer service and food and beverage quality.
Company Website: www.frenchtruckcoffee.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)