The general manager’s role is to lead their team in creating and maintaining a friendly, welcoming, organized and customer service driven atmosphere amongst employees. This role includes exercising discretion in managing the entire operation of the store. The majority of the store manager’s time will be spent supervising, directing and making sure the store is properly staffed, stocked and running smoothly. Creating a fun and welcoming atmosphere to all customers and employees and ensuring the shop is running smoothly and efficiently. Constantly problem solving and finding creative ways to grow the business.
- The general manager will be in charge of hiring, firing, scheduling, and training employees.
- Teaching new hires about what it means to be a French Truck Coffee employee and our history.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality are the main focus of employees and leading by example.
- Managing the store’s financial performance.
- Creating a safe work environment and having an open door policy with employees to talk about interpersonal relations between coworkers.
- Managing employee performance by conducting reviews every 6 months.
- Clearly communicates business needs to other employees and filters down communication from the Director to the team.
- Is aware of the morale of the team and contributes to creating a positive, friendly and welcoming atmosphere to customers and team members.
- Maintains and encourages Customer comes first attitude.
- Communicating with District Manager about employee performance issues and praises.
- Maintains a cool, calm and collected demeanor during peak business periods.
- Demonstrates an efficient and thorough work ethic to other employees. Always leading by example.
- Engaging with the team to create positive, motivating relationships.
- Makes sure all immediate store needs are taken care of or delegated to the right person at the right time.
- Provides positive and corrective feedback to employees.
- Places Baristas in position for best workflow. i.e. Register, Floater, Barista. Who is best for each position?
- Runs breaks efficiently and cuts labor where needed.
- Ensures store is stocked, cleaned and prepped.
- Trains new hires on register, customer service expectations, flow of business, overall store cleanliness.
- Communicates clearly with Assistant Manager their duties when they are the manager on duty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
French Truck Coffee
French Truck Coffee was founded by Geoffrey Meeker in 2012. He started with a small roaster and one truck. Delivering fresh roasted coffee to restaurants and homes out of his laundry room operation. The company quickly evolved with roasting and retail locations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Memphis.
French Truck Coffee is a small batch Roastery, roasting locally in our three current cities. We adhere to a concept that is at the core of all good food: use the best, freshest ingredients, treat them properly, serve them immediately, and the results will always be better than mass-produced. We go straight to the source, the independent farms located all over the world, and buy the best beans we can. We roast in small batches daily, so as to maintain the freshness and quality of our beans.
French Truck Coffee employees (our most valuable resource!) are provided extensive knowledge of our coffee with the hope they will honor where our coffee comes from, the process of roasting it, and the stories behind it. They are also provided with excellent training, so they will be prepared in all aspects of their position. French Truck Coffee’s success starts with our employees and their ability to exceed in customer service and food and beverage quality.
Company Website: www.frenchtruckcoffee.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)